Getting noticed is the first step in the world of college recruiting. When approaching your recruiting process in any sport you need to market yourself as if you were a salesman, and YOU are the product. You could be the best product around but if no one knows about you, an offer is never going to come. The worst mistake an athlete can make is to wait for a coach or parent to do the recruiting legwork for them. Here are a few tips to help you get noticed:
1. Put together a clear 3-5 minute highlight film. This film should include contact information including Home/School Address and Home/School phone numbers. All athletes should have both a Jr. and Sr. Season highlight reel.
2. Junior highlight films need to be sent before the summer of your senior year. Senior highlight films need to be sent within one week of the completion of your season.
3. At the mid-way point of your senior season every athlete should pick their best game up until that point and send a full game film to schools.
4. If a school doesn’t respond with a phone call or letter, you need to contact them! Schools get thousands of films. Ensure they’ve seen yours by contacting their recruiting coordinators.
5. Have a professional service privately film your games and edit/package your highlight reel.
Separating yourself from other players is an extremely difficult task, but we are here to help. Our team of coaches, editors, and film technicians will make sure that your fully customized DVD will definitely be seen.
Varsity Highlights offers complete high school and college recruiting services. These services are custom tailored to help individual athletes succeed in the exceptionally competitive world of college recruiting. We showcase an athlete’s full athletic potential with our state of the art video highlight reels and recruiting database.
Varsity Highlights recruiting services maps out a recruiting plan for each one of their athletes. This is an exclusive step by step process to ensure the athlete has done everything in their power to have choices at the end of the recruiting process. This package includes:
1. Recruiting consultation meeting.
2. Selection of schools for the summer camp circuit and combines.
3. Junior year highlight reel.
4. Mid-Point senior year highlight reel.
5. Full Senior year highlight reel.
6. Fully customized player page in our Recruiting Database
7. 50+ Sent videos to both reach schools and safety schools based on each athlete’s athletic and academic ability.
8. Access to our archive of over 350 School Address/Phone Numbers/Email Addresses.
to speak to one of our recruting specialist about your future in sports.
Varsity Highlights HD © 2012
184 Central Avenue
Old Tappan, NJ 07675